Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today is the day!!!


Well after quite a bit of waiting and trying to talk myself out of it. I finally got a Nikon D3, it came today through UPS, and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot with it yet as I'm still waiting for the batteries to fully charge. Enjoy the shots. I took these with my D200, and I can't wait to start being able using ISO's up in the 3200+ range and not have my images looking like mosaics. Stay tuned, as I'll be posting some images over the next few days as I experiment before my trip to San Antonio next week.










As you can see, I have quite a bit of reading to do...actually I don't as I've been browsing the PDF manual off Nikon's website for the past few weeks (I DEFINATELY prefer reading a computer screen over printed text)


My bag is now full and nearly complete (I will probably replace my 17-55 with a 24-70 in the future) D200 w/grip attached to 80-200 f/2.8, two SB-800's, 50mm f/1.8, 105mm VR f/2.8, D3 attached to 17-55 f/2.8, three Pocket Wizard II's, assorted batteries,filters, chargers and an Optech Pro strap (that I hardly ever use as ANY strap get's in the way when holding a camera vertically)

2 comments:

ian said...

i must say-that's an impressive looking box you got there

Armin de Fiesta said...

Sssswwweeeeettt!!! Can't wait to try it out, lol. Let's meet up soon!