Friday, June 6, 2008

More Nostalgia

As I was posting my "Where's Waldo" post, I was listening to some of Joe Satriani's "Strange Beautiful Music" Album, and I was thinking "This music would make a perfect soundtrack if they ever made a Mega Man movie!" Then it hit me, you all have been there before. Nostalgia. You smell a familiar scent, hear a riff from a song you loved, but haven't heard in years, or see a familiar feature in the face of a stranger and it hit you like a ton of bricks. It hit me in an unusual way...I become temporarily obsessed with tracking down my old NES from the boxes in my basement and playing some 8-bit goodness. I found my NES, but alas I was missing the power supply, so I opened every box I could find. When I finally tracked down the original power supply and plug it in...nothing. The supply was dead.


Photobucket
There was only one thing to do, I scavenged the house looking for a 9V 1.3a power supply with the proper sized plug...it took about an hour, but I found a generic supply that worked great! I popped in Mega Man 3 and I was up until 1AM last night trying to beat Snakeman and Hardman while grooving to that awesome music I remembered! I'm finding the game SOOO much harder than I remembered it.

That's one happy guy there!
Photobucket

I dare not try to plug the NES into my Samsung 1080p LCD for fear it would spoil that nostalgic feeling...
Photobucket


Edit: for those of you out there who were either too old or too young to understand what I'm all excited about... the NES is Nintendo's (the company that makes the Wii) Nintendo Entertainment System, it was originally released in 1985, and the game I'm all psyched about is Mega Man 3 which was released in 1990.

2 comments:

Erin Harvey said...

We've still got our NES too. Played some Bubble Bobble (my personal favorite), Battle Toads, and Super Mario 3 the last time we were in town. =) Good times! Gotta love the music too.

Armin de Fiesta said...

Man I remember those! Got Atari too? LOL