Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Virginia Tech Graduation

This past weekend I went down to Virginia Tech to visit and go to one of my best friend's graduation. I had only been down the Blacksburg 3 times over the past four years, so I wanted to get some good shots this time around, but it wound up raining one of the days I was there, so I only took a few...hundred...these are my favorite from the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My friend Jon was thrilled to be graduating
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes you just can't wait to say it (this was taken the day before Mom's Day)
Photobucket

Jon and his Mom playing some tetherball
Photobucket

Jon's brother and I played some checker's...he kicked my butt, he was quite the master...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jon likes to drive fast, 3X the speedlimit on a dark mountain road fast...
Photobucket

Jon's brother and I played gigantic chess later, it was a close game but he STILL won...the guy's a champion...
Photobucket

A ton of graduates put messages on their caps, these were the last to graduate that day...
Photobucket

We went to a outdoor pinic/barbaque later in the mountains, the sky was just SOOO perfect!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah - I really like the effect you did in the car. Can you email me (volleyhart at mac dot com) and tell me a little more about how you did that?

Noah Hayes said...

The shot was taken at a .4 second exposure at ISO 6400. My friend Jon was doing about 65 mph down a mountain road. The light illuminating the trees was his VW's headlights, this was taken at around 10PM.