Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Sea of Blueshirts

So a few weeks ago I was at the Gaylord Waterfront Hotel near DC for a event for my company, and WOW! I'd never even heard of this place before but it was huge! There were about three-four companies having events simultaneously and still had plenty of room left over. Imagine 700-800 employees in blue shirts and kahkis, with room for at least 200 more to sit down with only 75% of the room having tables and chairs!!! The meeting was our annual territory Tech/Leadership Tour where they talk about all the new exciting technologies rolling out this year and announce big changes in the way the business operates or markets itself. It was pretty informative and I always have a blast hanging out with people that have similar interests...a room full of hundreds of electronic gizmo junkies is definitely my kinda place! This all happened a few weeks ago, but I hadn't got a chance yet to even download my photos, let alone post some up on my blog. I've been running DSLR trainings it seems like everyday since up until this past week, and next week I've got another training I'm running, then there will be a little break for Noah...he needs one. Some of these photos are from the Tech tour, the rest are from some of the trainings I was running.

HUGE Auditorium
Photobucket

The gate can see you!
Photobucket

This was the CHECK-IN COUNTER!!! It was bigger than some hotels I've stayed at!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You know a place is crazy nice when they have digital maps that update what conference is in what room and when every hour!
Photobucket

George and his reflector...sorry George, couldn't resist!
George...and his reflector

The view from the dock outside
Photobucket

Yes it's true...I'm well versed in the Sony's too...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Joey was confused for a while...
Photobucket

Brittany and Aki from Tysons playing around with a 40D
Photobucket

Cesar being a wise guy covering up the flash on the Oly E-510
Photobucket

I had a blast being out of the store for a week and a half doing nothing but talking about DSLR's and other technologies... I wish I could do that all the time...oh wait I do!

P.S. Sorry to everyone for taking so long to update this page. I will try to find time over the next few weeks to keep it interesting...

No comments: