Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fun with the 85 f/1.4

About two weeks ago I rented a lens I'm considering purchasing, the Nikon 85mm f/1.4 D, and it is a BEAUTY! Gorgeous bokeh, razor thin depth of field, amazingly sharp... however I'm gonna hold out for Nikon to release an AF-S version as it is a little slow to focus in low-light (please, Nikon, pretty please release one soon!) This lens is a more than a decade old design, but is absolutely a legend, which is only matched by Canon's 85 f/1.2. I used this lens on a dual portrait session down in old town Leesburg that weekend with two high-school seniors, best-friends: Regina and Natalia. I figured I should upload some of my favorite images from that session, since I'd been slacking on my updates lately. The fully gallery is up on www.noahhayes.net go check it out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When they leaned up against the door it gave way, totally throwing them off guard...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I jokingly told Regina to grab the mop and mop the alley, but she did anyway and I'm glad because I love these shots!

2 comments:

Natalie Franke said...

I was dying to have this lens before... and now after seeing these portraits - I might order it tonight! Hahaha. =) It would be so much nicer on full frame than on my D300, but I can still work magic with what I have! Beautiful shots, Noah! You rocked that session. Come visit me in Annapolis so we can shoot together sometime! =)

Noah Hayes said...

@natalie
We'll definitely meet-up soon! You definitely work some magic with your D300!