Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Networking Extreme...

A few weeks ago I shot a wedding down in Austin Texas with the beautiful and talented photographer Kim, of Kimberly Brooke Photographic. I met her through a mutual friend Armin Defiesta. Armin was unavailable to shoot with Kim that weekend as he was shooting a wedding that day already, but he forwarded my info to Kim, who I had never met before. After a couple phone calls and emails talking about a myriad of subjects, Kim had me fly down and second shoot with her in one of the nicest venues for one of the nicest couples I've ever met. Kelly and Brett just had so much love for each other, which showed up in every click of my camera (even when they weren't in the picture!). It was a gorgeous outdoor ceremony at Austin71 with a great view of the countryside as a backdrop to a perfectly lit (that always helps) afternoon ceremony, which led directly into some great music from the band "Radiostar" which played the best mix of top songs from the 80's that I'd ever heard. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking, here's some of my fav's:

Photobucket
Have to add in some detail shots...

Photobucket
Beautiful bride makes the job REAL easy...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Talk about a get-away car!!!

Photobucket
I don't know whose got a goofier face, but at least she was tryin!

Photobucket
We got there kinda early, so Kim and I did a little impromtu photoshoot...even caught her chimpin' in the mirror while the girls were getting their makeup done!

Photobucket
I caught her dancing on the job too! LOL!

I had a blast, and would encourage any photographer reading this to network, network, network (check out [b]ecker's [b]school for example)! You'll never know who you meet, or what you'll learn. Every other photographer (whether they shoot weddings, sports, fashion, product,ect) I've ever talked to has taught me something, even if they weren't trying to! We should all try to help each other out to expand our ability to constantly move the bar up a notch to give our clients a consistent world-class experience!

Also keep a look out on Kim's blog for her post about the wedding!

No comments: